http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cowboys And Carob Chips

So my schedule today is working at William Beaumont army hospital in el paso, tx. I was going to leave last night but ended up changing things so that I had an early (as in 6 am - had to be up by 3:30) flight. This flight has taken me to Denver and then I'm going to el paso from here.

So in the meantime, I had a few hours to kill which I spent part of that time in the red carpet club on my laptop. The other half I've walked to my gate (about 100 miles from my original gate) and here I wait, amusing myself people watching.

The first group I noticed as I sat was a gaggle of older gentlemen who reminded me of dad and made me miss him. They had their WWII baseball caps on and were looking a little lost and confused. One of them sat down and was breathing a little heavy as he took a rest. Poor guys. After travelling with dad, you do look at his peers with a different eye. I wanted to go up and hug em, but I didn't :)

The second group I spied were all the cowboys. I guess I'm in the land! The magazine shops had all these covers displayed with cowboy hats and horses and all. And here I sit, watching these wide brimmed, boot clad, proverbially bow-legged cliches lumber along the terminal hall ways, twanging away on their cell phones.

And of course we can't forget our third group. The hemp clad, birkenstok wearing families of 5 carrying their reusable water jugs and eating snacks of flax seeds and Carob chip, gluten free cookies from their north face backpacks.

Ah! This is Colorado - and I'll soon be leaving to mosey on with the cowboys of el paso!

No comments: