http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Made A Run For The Border

Another ea rly morning. I got on the 7:14 flight so I had to leave my hotel at 4:30 a.m. Just didn't know how long it would take.

I had been kind of curious when I got down to TX/NM, what the "border" exactly looked like that was supposedly keeping our friendly neighbors in their own country. I was really confused as far as where the border was and finally figured it out at like 4:45 in the morning when I was looking at my GPS. I got to this place in the road where the border was right along side and I suddenly realized that what I had thought was just plain old El Paso before was actually Chihuaha, Meh-i-co. The border was this rather unintimidating wall that was actually not as major as the walls that they build along side the highways at home that block the highway noise from neighborhoods. This was wall, by highway 10, was actually kind of down in a valley and the road on the US side and the houses on the Mexican side were up on the hills so you could totally see everything. There was definitely a difference between the houses and the lights and the streets, but it didn't hit you right away. Welcome to Juarez, Mexico! Now put me on a plane and bring me back to the midwest!

And the midwest was - back to Chicago - and on to a flight to St Louis.

I tried to get in a little earlier, which I did, so I could meet up with my friend, Cathy. I hadn't seen her in quite a while. It was two summers ago that Cathy, Kim and I did a trip to the Boundary Waters in upper MN. BLAST! Cathy and I spent some time reminiscing about things that were absolutely hilarious! By the way, Kim - both Cathy and I were needing you at the restaurant tonight as the mosquitos were a little pesty.... where is our mosquito distractor when we need her!

Looking forward to a 2 hour drive over to Columbia tomorrow. I actually get to take a shower in the morning instead of the night before as I don't have to be to the account until 9 a.m.

Good Night St Louis!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes, I was very useful in drawing the mosquitoes away from you and Cathy. I think my sanity has since returned...maybe...not.