http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Out East For The Week

So here I am in Philly for the week - well, at least a few days. I had a meeting out here and then I just stayed to work a few extra accounts and stay with my rep/friend, Lauren. My boss flew out with me in the morning on Tuesday, we had a brief meeting and then headed over to CHOP (Childrens' Hospital of Philadelphia) to meet there. Afterwards, we ate at Buddakin, this great Asian-Fusion kind of place downtown and also the restaurant where they filmed the speed dating scene of "Hitch".

Here's a few shots as we drove around showing Ed the sights as he hadn't been there before. If you ever want to see true pictures, let me know as I have ones from when I actually toured things ever so long ago. I think some of them may still be 35 mm shots :)

Independance Hall where the Declaration of Indep. was signed. This is right across from the new glass buidling that houses the Liberty Bell. I have shot of the Bell before they actually moved it -- you can't really see it from the road even though its all behind glass.

This is City Hall. They're actually sandblasting the stone so the top part, which is done, is all white and gleaming and the bottom part is still dark and used looking. The tower dome is topped by a statue of William Penn who founded the city. Interesting building tidbit... Philly City Hall is the second tallest masonary building in the world.

This is the Philly Art Institute -- the famous buidling where they filmed "Rocky" running down the stairs in the movie .... "Rocky" :) The Schuylkill River runs in front of the Museum and they do a lot of that rowing sport along the river that way.... those big long boats that they do team rowing in. They have boat houses right down from the Museum. Its kind of cool to see them rowing.
This is not historic in any way, shape or form. But, I found it amusing to see my brother's name spellled correctly on the front of a second hand shop (at least, thats what I believe the shop was).

No comments: