http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stinky Saturday

Well - I got to go home and stay home for a day. Friday was all mine, except I had the fam over in the evening for dinner and to partake of the wonderful Sacher Torte that I had brought back from Vienna - it had to be eaten within 3 weeks or it would go bad, so it was a must....

Then, I had to go to bed early so I could get up for a flight on Saturday -- Saturday!!! morning! We had a vendor fair/sales meeting we had to do in Orlando and I refused to spend Friday night so I was scheduled on the 6:20 a.m. flight out of O'hare. Only thing is - I took some cold medicine the night before and so when my alarm went off early Saturday morning, I didn't go off... I didn't wake up until about 30 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave. Eeek -- I ran around and just got to the airport but I missed the 9 a.m flight as it was oversold. The meeting started at 1pm so I figured if I didn't make the 10 a.m. so I could get there by 1:20 pm, I should just chuck it. My boss was telling me just forget it, but I could hear in his voice that he was really ticked and so I figured I was just going to pray and take a leap -- I did get on the 10 a.m. flight. I made it in by 1:30 and I got over to the convetion center by about 2 or so in order to be part of the crazy sales meeting. It was so loud and overrun -- I don't know exactly what we got done, but I was there!

Needless to say, I'm now headed home via - my dear beloved Charlotte. :) I flew from Orlando here and then will connect to Chicago. Incidentally, I have to work in Atlanta next week and so I was going to stay an evening or two with my aunt, so I'll have to fly back to -- Charlotte.... Whenever I have to come here, I come here in excess.

I'm still pretty stinky feeling. My ear wouldn't pop on the plane from Orlando to Charlotte and I had this little panic attack as I was sandwiched in by the window surrounded by all these people in these tight seats. I honestly wanted to like run down the aisle of the plane. Thats how I know I'm not feeling well, when flying actually really bothers me. My ear finally popped and I definitely felt better. Now, if I could just get rid of all this gunk in my head... Blech.

Good night on Saturday!

FYI -- Look two posts below and there are a few pictures that I posted from Salzburg....

No comments: