http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday In Budapest, HUNGARY

First of the morning were two English classes at Covinus. Actually, between the first and second, we had an hour so some of the team that was with our group went over to shop at the covered market -- and then there was me... They have NEVER had a Starbucks in Budapest before and Jodi's exciting news when she came this year was "we have a Starbucks!" She actually hadn't even been there yet so we decided, along with Tammie, to take a little venture to the Keleti Train Station and the West End mall. This is what we found!



We had some more free time in the afternoon so, once again part of the group went off to do some sightseeing and -- Jayne excitedly hit the Vaci Street which is chock full of shops! Look how happy that little face looks!


This was the big weekly event for FEK. Laci spoke on szex (thats sex in English:)) and intimacy. From what my translator/friend, Zsuzi translated for me, it was quite funny and good. They started off with a few people telling dating stories... I have some dirt on Mark and Jayne -- actually, from this week, I've got A LOT of dirt on Mark and Jayne -- and Tammie too.... I'm selling to the highest bidder....

With Gabor and Edina (the director of the Hungarian Campus Crusade)
Riding the tram home from the evening meeting after stopping at Burger King at 10pm... You can't see Mark's happy face -- but he got himself some ice!
The afternoon when we split up - Jodi and I actually went back to her apartment so I could see it. Its great! God really has answered a lot of prayers. She would still be using a hose and a bucket if someone on staff had not suggested a way to a get a really low rate loan to finish off her kitchen. I know that I had mentioned about her needing to finish her kitchen, but she does still have the loan so - anything that you are led to help her with, I'm sure she'll still appreciate!


Look at the master tiling on this shower -- thats Jodi original! She actually broke all the tile and then stuck it up and put the grout or whatever on. She also put her bathroom sink in, although she can't use it because of some issues. She did tons of work on the place on her own -- how brave!







I actually am using Jodi's camera now as I am not able to get my charger to work for either of my cameras.
She some picts on it so I thought I'd share a few of some of the FEK staff....
This is Gaby and Mara -- they were actually married the first year I came to BHHP and we all got to go to their wedding.
This is Carmann and Julchi
Ishvan and his wife are new staff members

Timi is awesome! I actually spent my first Sunday afternoon in Hungary with her a few years back and she made the chicken paprika ever!
This is some of the student leaders with FEK -- this was one of the Student Survival Kit hand outs a month or so ago.

So - we also did some random evangelism this afternoon and we each talked to several students. Some are Catholic and just 'religious" some are atheist, a lot are just not sure what they believe about God. There was one girl in particular that I talked to who said she was looking for something but didn't know what. She's actually from Budapest, but its funny because she said she wished she knew more people in Budapest. Anyways - she let me share my faith with her and she gave me her e-mail address. Please pray for Dorka - I think I'm going to e-mail her and invite her to "Thanksgiving" on Sunday. I'm going to tell her she can bring a friend. Please pray that she responds and that she comes -- and that she's at least thinking about what we talked about.
I also got to do dinner with Hajni and Zsu and Flora. Hajni came for half of the meeting tonight, but Zsu stayed for the whole meeting. Her roommate and another friend were at the meeting so I invited them as well to Thanksgiving. Pray that they all come.... and pray that I'm not buring myself :) I know I'll have a lot of food - pray I have enough :)
Goodnight from Budapest, Hungary! Thanks for all your prayers!

FYI -- just thought you could all use a laugh -- its a funny that Gabor likes....

No comments: