http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, October 4, 2010

Things I Woke Up To This Morning

Here are a few things that I woke up to this morning:

1. A mental reminder to always give everything I'm doing to God. My relationship with Him has admittedly been on low -- ok -- empty as of late. Work has taken 110% out of me and the rest, I selfishly have wanted to keep for myself. But as I thought about all we had to and all that I wanted to accomplish this week, I got so tired and I thought -- I can't do it. AND then I remembered - I don't have to do it. Please remember to pray that all of us give everything to God everyday and that we trust him to care for all our work as well as for us. I KNOW that this is a must -- I NEED to be reminded of this by Him quite frequently.

2. A little EEEK as I remembered a chore I have to do for Jodi... THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP! If anyone happens to think of a good game to play for our outreach tomorrow night. I have a few in mind, but am very very willing to look at other ideas. It can be a group game or it can be a game for a few people that just makes the group laugh. I know I have some on my plate from youth group, but I WOULD LOVE OTHER IDEAS! PLEASE!

3. I had two confirmations from Hajni and Zsu saying thay wanted to do lunch today -- please pray for that and that our conversations would be good.

4. This is the best -- and this is where I am reminded that God will take caer of all.... I woke up today to a text from my Ildi saying that she'll come on the weekend for Thanksgiving and she'll stay with me!!!!!! Do you know what an answer to prayer this is! I'm actually crying right now because I'm so overwhelmed and so happy. I just can't wait to see her!

5. This one is just to make you laugh.... I woke up today to have my top layer of epidermis stripped from my body.... Yes -- you heard right. I LOVE eastern european showers as there is never a chance of bad water pressure. I think the whole theory was that they couldn't afford soap so they would just remove the whole layer of skin with the dirt. My room at the Hotel Classic every other year has had this shower head that, if you put the shower head in the holder on the wall and then turned the water on, the head would launch like it was a rocket and then you would be left chasing it around as it skittered across the bathroom floor back and forth. I drenched the bathroom a million times this way and wound up exhausted. This room, we have this little cube of a shower and theres no escape from that torrid stream! It can be almost painful - but actually a little refreshing as you wake up quickly.

Thanks for your continued prayers. We need them! I think we're all getting pretty good sleep so far - pray that that continues. Also pray for Mark as he speaks to a group at a new dorm tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.

1 comment:

mrs. davis said...

Not the "shower pressure" we had in Nazareth, hmmm???? :)