http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Strolling The Streets Of Budapest - Tuesday

Today was Mark and Jayne's last day in Budapest :(....

We spent the day strolling around with the plan to go on a 3:30 Danube cruise to top the day off. I had to take them to one more "sweet" place that I knew would make Mark think about the strudel thing... They're called Kurtoskalacs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCrt%C5%91skal%C3%A1cs They're delicious and indeed Jayne very much liked them.


Then we just wandered around Vaci and to the Covered Market
We got to the docks just in time to board and take off down the Danube on our hour long cruise.
This is where I'm staying - viewed from the river. Its all thanks to my travel frequency... it pays off one way :)
This is the old Corvinus University building from the river. Where we worked all week.
You can see the new Corvinus building as well.
One of several Budapest bridges -- I believe this is Margit Bridge????
This is the oldest bridge - Chain Bridge
Parliament
When we got back to the docks... we spotted the other cruise option that could have saved Mark and Jayne a few bucks.... It just didn't offer the two free drinks....
Once off the boat, we started discussing the impending departure of Mark and Jayne in the morning - Mark immediately went over to the tram tracks and contemplated... Apparently - life without strudel would not be a life at all....
And wouldn't you know it ... I took Mark and Jayne up to the executive lounge on the 9th floor of the Marriott where we enjoyed some snacks and drinks... All week, we've been looking for ice and the whole time there has been a WHOLE ice machine in the exective lounge at the Marriott! It was a painful realization for Mark.
The view from the executive lounge balcony.
It has been an awesome week and some days working with Tammie and Mark and Jayne and getting to know them better! I have seen so many wonderful things about all of them that I've never known before and now I share a common love of Hungary and the Hungarian people with them. Thats really special to me! They've been such a blessing to me and to the Campus staff here and I've been so proud to call them part of my "home church team"! God has done great things through us all here and I ask that you pray that He continues that work in the hearts of all of those university students that we shared with. Who knows who we'll come back to next year!

No comments: