http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shoeing Through The Woods On A Snowy Afternoon

What a great day to be able to get back in the outdoors! It finally has warmed up a little and when Kim asked me to go up and spend some time in the woods - I immediately said YES! I haven' t been up to Kettle Moraine in quite a while and I really love it up there so much. I've not had a chance to break out my skis yet this season and I've not used the snow shoes that much either.

We stopped right before the trailheads to get Kim skis or snowshoes -- turns out there were no more snowshoes so we had to go for the skis, which she had never done before so I knew it would be an interesting, fun day!
We got to the cross country ski trail and got our trail passes....

And on with the skis!...

I never really saw one of these before. They use it to groom the trail for skiing. Its got the grooves that are used for the skis. Pretty cool!


Sometimes, its easier to just take the hills on your butt.... Works for all parties involved!


Kim is amazing! I've never seen a person fall face front, going UP a hill! She was a terrific trooper though!


After going through a 2 mile loop on skis, we decided to go back to the ski hut and see if there were any snowshoes returned...
Happy Valentines Day -- there were indeed snowshoes! So back on the snowshoe trail!
Apparently theres a trail to Downtown????
I love the names of these trails which are, incidentally, the same trails I used to ride mountain bike on. Haven't been biking on the trails in about a year and these signs are new since then. Pretty great names, but a little frightening when you came whipping around a corner of trees on a bike.

1 comment:

Karl said...

looks like a lot of fun for someone younger than me . . . Enjoyed seeing the pics though!