http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today Was A Good Day

This week I get to be a normal person -- well "normal" I guess...

I actually am in town all week and so I get to work during the day and then come home at night. Its amazing!

Today I had two accounts in the area to work at. There were some of us who went up to Kenosha to one of the hospitals up there to see how they're cleaning their laproscopic instruments. They're long, rigid instruments that are like 12 inch long straws that you have to clean out without really knowing whats going on inside. We've been working on doing some validation so we wanted to check out some sites.

The second call we had was at the VA in North Chicago. They're merging with the Great Lake Naval Hospital so they wanted me to come in to do some in-servicing for them. I was a little queasy in my tummy :) because I had my two bosses with me so I wanted to make sure I did a really great presentation. Honestly, presentations are something that I LOVE doing for my job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing them! Seriously - its that education piece that I love and teaching them something new that helps them do what they do even better. I'm always trying to tweak my presentations and trying to make sure that I'm meeting the needs they have. Anyways - I did my presentation and I have to admit - without bragging - I knocked it out of the park! I went in praying and I guess God is good! It went great!

In fact, I went back to work on checking their water and one of the ladies was back in clean assembly and out of the blue she said, "You're really interesting"... and she didn't say it like I normally hear it ... "You're .... really.... interesting". It was like a statement of a good fact.

The director ended up asking me to come to her office as the VA in another part of the country has been closed for a few days because they had problems and she was asked to come in and help so she, in turn, asked me if I can help them out. Its always great when you feel like you do your job well and when you really enjoy what you do.

I went to drive home and I realized that I was passing the cemetary dad was in so - I figured I'd stop by and, of course, the snow was like hip deep so I couldn't see dad's stone at all. Oh well - I guess I have to wait until the spring.

No comments: