http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who I Want To Be When I Grow Up :)


I've been working on my laptop all afternoon and when I do so, I like to have my tv on just for background noise. However, I don't have any cables for tv where I work so all I can do is watch videos and dvds. When I'm working I like to put in things that I've already seen so that I don't feel that I have to watch. SO - for the past 4 or so hours, I've been working and watching Miss Marple....

And I've decided....

When I grow up, I want to be Miss Marple. If I've got to be some old spinster, I might as well be an interesting one that solves mysteries! :) Doesn't that sound fun?! The only thing is that all those youngsters that she investigates are always calling her "nosey" and "an old witch" and all. I don't think I'd quite like that. I think I'd much rather them say "Oh - you clever old detective you..." that sounds a lot smarter and not quite so mean, I think.

I wonder if it took her until she was old to become a really smart detective or if it was just that thats the first time she had the leisure to dabble in detective work. Maybe she was so busy all her life that she never was able to discover how really smart she was. Hmmm.... I should get a head start on that. I can't seem to find that many murders, though. Maybe I should surround myself with a lot more deceptive and mysterious people. I can't say that I've ever been to a garden party where someone drank a poisened cocktail or stayed at a friend's house when a rash of poisen pen letters was ravishing the village and ending in someone's imminent demise.

Miss Marple has indeed made me realize that I actually have a very boring life....

2 comments:

Karl said...

Your life isn't boring . . . it's just not televised.

Kim said...

I second what Karl said. Boring? HA!