http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, February 28, 2011

Some Sweet Sunday School Shots

Okay, so last week, when my friend Melissa was here, she came to church with me. I teach 2 and 3s Sunday School so, while I was waiting for someone to come and show Melissa where to go for one of the adult classes, she waited in my room with me.

We have this new little boy who just moved to the area a few weeks ago and he's been coming to Sunday School for the past three weeks. Poor kid, every time his mom drops him off, he cries pretty loud for a while, and its usually in my ear as I'm holding him :) So, Melissa was there and he comes in and he's crying and as I have like three other kids coming in at the same time, she steps in to help and takes him over by the window to "look for bunnies" which makes him immediately stop crying. It was a miracle.

Melissa ended up going up to her Sunday School and the new boy was still standing at the window looking. He wouldn't come and play, nothing. So, finally, I asked him if he wanted to move a chair by the window to look for bunnies and birds and he says "yes" and so I move a chair over. Not long after, one of the adorable little girls I have in the class, decided to pull a chair over and keep him company. Too adorable! So now there are two little kids in two little chairs sitting by the window while everyone else is playing.
This week, the new boy is dropped off crying again and I immediately take him to the window to look for bunnies. This week, however, all of a sudden, the whole class comes stampeding over to the window to help look and pretty soon, everyone is dragging a chair over. And here they sat for about 5 minutes looking for bunnies and planes and birds and talking about the houses across the street. Too adorable!!!!
I love the 2s and 3s class! They always amuse me on Sunday morning and they always know that the story from last week was about JESUS! :)



No comments: