http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fulfilling My Mothers Dream - Maybe...

I'm sitting in the lobby of my hotel in Tokyo waiting for my work colleague.  We're taking an early bus to the Haneida airport in Tokyo where we'll meet with our associate from Canon in Japan to get on flight to Osaka to do training with the sales force there.  It's gonna be a long long day!

I'm praying that at least the hotel in Osaka has better mattresses... Or at least has mattresses!  I think the "mattresses" here are just chunks of plywood - I woke up at 3 this morning and panicked that I had lost my right arm!  It woke up long after I was awake - and couldn't get back to sleep so... I was up at 5 and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. Ron and I were just supposed to eat at the aiport - I'm not telling him I already ate because, well, my good friends know my motto is "I can always eat!"... Or at least drink coffee!

So before I left, and whenever I've cento Japan before, my mom always bombards me with comments about "you have to go to Kyoto!"  And I usually respond, I'm not going to see Kyoto - I don't even know where it is!  But today - if our timing is right and if those Osaka sales guys don't ask too many questions of us, we may take the train from Osaka to Kyoto!  It will be dark and we probably won't be able to see much but - tell my mom that I'm goin to Kyoto!  Maybe...:)

No comments: