http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Take The Next Gondola...

Yesterday was lunch with Flora and her Atti and Hajni and David.  We had a great time and were able to polish off some of those pesky Thanksgiving leftovers.  I discovered the idea of a casserole and it turned out quite nicely -- I'll share the recipe at a future date which is closer to the holiday itself....



I cleaned up the later lunch dishes and headed over to Allee, the really cool mall in Budapest that happens to only be about a 2 minute walk from Jodi's, and there I got a coffee and a pair of great shoes for walking in - I figured I wanted something a little more sporty for VENICE!

Flora and I left at about 5:30 on Thursday morning and caught a flight through Vienna to Venice.  We landed about 10:30, took a bus to the vaparetto (water taxi) and then were at San Silverstru where we were meeting the woman who owns the apartment we're renting.  A short walk and a half and hour later and we were back on the streets of Venice "getting lost" in order to find the real Venice and some Italian lunch.



















No comments: