http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Calvin the Pirate and Bailey the Witch say "HAPPY HOWL-WEEN!"

I hadn't baked in a while and so I decided to try my hand at making some pumpkin cupcakes.... Wasn't sure about the recipe while I was making it, turns out, I didn't really like what I concocted but they were all voted "ok" by everyone.  I personally think they tasted a little too pumpkin-y and they were definitely not as moist as I would have liked them to be.  I have some ideas to tweak it up a bit and so next time I'll work on it and let you know the results....


I ended up doing a little Thanksgiving theme with them.  I did a cinnamon cream cheese frosting and I did it mummy-style :)


Funny thing is, I wasn't sure how they looked and so I showed them to mom and asked "do you know what they are?" to which she replied with much confidence "ghosts!" and I said "no" and then she looked at me with this quizzical look and said "santa claus?"..... Mom..... :)

By the way.....
Happy Halloween!

No comments: